Friday, January 15, 2016

Urgency




If we, as believers, need Jesus, how much more do those around us need Him?  Every person who does not know Christ, is a spiritually dead person.  For life comes only through Christ.  If every believer were to tell one person about Jesus, what would this world be like?  As the days go by, I ask myself the question, "What am I doing, Lord? My life is supposedly all about you, yet so many times I let it be about me.”

Scripture tells us to, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matthew 22:37-40)

What if we lived life based on these verses?  Would we continue to talk, dress, or behave the way we do?  Would we miss a chance to tell someone about Jesus?  If these two commandments were on our hearts all the time, what would our life be like?


After surrendering my life to Christ in 1996, I began to change.  Every day, out of a sense of gratitude and joy in my new relationship with Him, my desire was to tell everyone I met about the love of Christ, and how He had changed my life.  And my new focus was to serve God with my whole being.  It was an exciting time!     

These days, I spend quite a bit of time in reflection on the past.  And as I begin to realize how short I have fallen from these commandments, I praise God for Jesus my Savior who forgives and covers up my shortcomings.  Daily, I look to see what I have done. Sometimes I'm proud of myself, other times I feel I could have done more.  But if I lived every second of my life according to these verses, would not my life be different?

 Urgency, do you sense it?  

Do you see people dying around you?  Do you sense the Spirit prompting you to say something? I do.  It's not because I do the right thing all the time that I ask these questions, but because my heart aches for the lives that are doomed to hell unless we tell them about Jesus.  For He is the answer to all life's problems. 

Urgency, do you sense it?  
  
The world is changing around us.  There are more than 7.3 billion people in the world today, and thousands are dying every hour without Christ.  Will you please pray with me this week as I wrestle with this sense of urgency?  Right now, during this time God has granted me, I want to live like I've never lived before, and want others to also experience it.  Will you pray for me; for each of us, and for the boldness we need?     

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."   (Galatians 6:9)




Can God change your life?
God has made it possible for you to know Him and experience an amazing change in your own life.
Discover how you can find peace with God.








2 comments:

  1. Day, Russ, I feel like this was being written to me. I try to share the joy of knowing Jesus Christ as My Savior, but like you I miss a lot of times that I could have done better and then I wonder if I know what I am doing period. I need to learn what to listen for so that I can take advantage of opportunities better and be ready with the message that will help someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing with me your thoughts. I believe everyone struggles with this issue at some time in their life. I will pray for a closeness in your relationship with the Father, and like the sheep to their shepherd, that you will know His voice. "When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." (John 10:4)

      Delete