Friday, March 15, 2019

Praise the Lord!


“Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies, Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.” (Psalms 103:1-5)

“I don’t know which is more incredible, God’s faithfulness or man’s forgetfulness!”  It is so easy to forget all that God has done for us.  We tend to get so preoccupied.  Our lives get so crazy that we can go whole days, weeks, and sometimes even months without thanking God for His presence and provision.  But today is a new day!  Today we can say with David, “Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name!” (Psalm 103:1b)  

Charles Spurgeon wrote, "A friend showed me that it is possible to give thanks regardless.  Every time I went to visit him, he would say, God is so good.  That was his testimony, even though he had been confined to his bed for many months.  When I asked him how he could say that, he said, When I became ill, I used to ask, Why me?  But God’s grace has made it possible for me to thank Him every day for His faithfulness.”

Today we can thank Him with our whole heart.  Right now we can lift our eyes to heaven and shout, “Thank You God for all your blessings!”  He forgives our sins.  He crowns us with love and tender mercies!  And He fills our lives with good things.  

Do you take advantage of opportunities to praise Him in all circumstances?  Reflect on this:

1) What is one thing you can thank God for today?
2) What is one small way you can praise Him today?
3) What is one step you can take to make praising God a part of your daily life?

One day, as we stand in the gateway of Heaven, we will hear the thunderous roar of praise.  We will understand the victory, the triumph, the significance of Christ’s suffering at the cross. And I never want to regret not having given my Savior the praise He deserves.
 
Heavenly Father, I praise you today with my whole heart. Everything that is in me says, “I Praise You Lord!”  I thank you for your tender mercy.  I thank you for your love and provision.  I thank you for forgiving all my sins.  Forgive me for forgetting so easily.  Father, you are worthy of all my praise.  I worship you now with praise and thanksgiving,

In Jesus’ most holy name I pray, Amen!



Can God change your life?

God has made it possible for you to know Him, and experience an amazing
change in your own life.
Discover how you can find peace with God.


 






No comments:

Post a Comment