Thursday, January 31, 2019

Staying Awake


Do you remember the all-time low in the history of intercession? Jesus asked His inner circle of disciples to wait in the garden while He went a little farther to pour out His soul to the Father as He looked toward His imminent death on the cross.

Within minutes, the three disciples were sound asleep. Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. "Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?
Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." (Matthew 26:40-41)

The Greek term for watch literally refers to staying awake.  So essentially, Jesus was saying, "Couldn't you stay awake with me even one hour? Wake up and pray!”  I cannot imagine the disappointment Jesus must have felt.  As for the disciples, they were missing the action during one of the most important moments in biblical history.

I wonder how many times I have missed what God was doing because I dozed off when I should have moved forward on my knees to the front lines of the battle. 



Can God change your life?

God has made it possible for you to know Him, and experience an amazing
change in your own life.
Discover how you can find peace with God.



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment