Monday, August 15, 2016

The Beauty of Creation!


“I lift up my eyes to the hills--where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” (Psalm 121:1-2)        

Have you taken a good look around you lately?  The part of south-central Idaho we lived in before moving to Oklahoma was absolutely beautiful!  The rolling hills that led up to the high snow-capped peaks of the Sawtooth Mountains offered so many breathtaking photo opportunities. And every once in a while, I enjoyed just stopping right where I was and taking a good look at the hills and mountains that were all around me.  It was such a beautiful area in which to live.

Alice and I have lived in many different places, and it always thrills us when we are in a place where we can see the mountains and the hills.  I think often of those words in Psalm 121 that say, "My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."

When I see the hills all around me, I am reminded of the greatness of God's creation.  To think that He just spoke it into existence; that is far beyond anything I could imagine or even understand.  The Psalmist seems to have been thinking the same thing I did when I look at the beauty of creation around me, that my help comes from the same Lord that was able to create all of this.  That gives me peace.  That gives me comfort. That gives me hope and joy.   

Next time you are feeling sad and discouraged, take a moment to stop, lift up your eyes, and look at the beauty of the world around you.  Thank the Lord for it, and for the eyes to see it with.  Rejoice, because your help comes from the Almighty Creator who designed all of the beautiful scenery around you, whether it is the mountains, the hills, the lakes, the sky, or the beautiful flowers coming up in your backyard.  He made it all!  

Rejoice in that, and thank Him for it!







Can God change your life?
God has made it possible for you to know Him, and experience an amazing
change in your own life.
Discover how you can find peace with God.








No comments:

Post a Comment